Friday

What's Next???

Today I was driving to work and listening to the radio, another station that the one mentioned in the previous post, (they were at commercial break) And the host asked this question that was in "O" magazine this month. "What is next, in your life?" So they had people call in that as soon as they asked that question they knew what was next in their life. You had all the original ones of graduate college, get married, have a baby, you know the "given" one I would call them. Then I got to thinking about my life, and I have no clue what is next. I really have no plans for what is next. And I cannot decide if that is good or bad? Does this mean that I am running around without any direction in my life?? I mean last year everything was so planned out, I was pregnant and we were in full "baby mode." Enjoying the last months of being married people with out children. Gearing up for the addition with showers, shopping and all the general hoopla that goes along with getting ready for a baby. Before we were pregnant I had everything planned out, I was graduating college and I had promised my husband once I graduated we would work on the baby aspect of our lives. Well, wham, bam, thank you ma'am, first try and we were pregnant. Everything went EXACTLY to my plan. But, now, no plan...and that is OK. But am I to be striving towards this lofty goal? Right now I am just lucky to make it out of the house with Syd and her bag for school and remember the medicine, and oh yes remind my husband to bring it home too! I mean I am good to have next Saturday planned to go to the airport and pick up my parents from their vacation. And I am looking forward to this! Did I lose my goals in motherhood? Did I have goals other than graduate college? I guess what is really bothering me is that I am so OK with not knowing what is ahead. One woman called in and said divorce was what was next for her..I thought that a bit strange but hey at least she had something! Another woman called and had this whole plan layed out, she was going to graduate next year from culinary school, quit her corporate job, and start her own personal chef business. Hats off to you! I don't even know what we are having for dinner tonight and I get off of work in 10 min.

Maybe this is why Oprah is where she is and I am where I am. But, I love really not knowing what is ahead. Time flys by so fast now that we have Sydney. She is 6 months old and it seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital and I had no clue what to do next. Things just fell into place and I cannot imagine not being where I am now. Not knowing what is next, but loving the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home