Monday

Thank you....

I feel like this is an acceptance speech for an award I don't deserve.

I cannot express my thanks and gratitude to Kim and Her Hubby for the gift of a trip to CO to visit this past weekend. It by far is one of my top 10 gifts of all times. Saying I had a blast would be the biggest understatement of the year. The only bad thing about the trip is when I leave I am overcome with emotion of how much I miss Kim. To just say " I miss her" does not do it justice. I know I have said it over and over and anyone who might read this probably is whipped by my ongoing "I miss Kim" mantra. Kim is a Gift from God made just for me, I am convinced of that.

When we became friends and our friendship grew to more than just friends, I know this seems like it is making no sense, but I made a promise to myself that I would be honest with her and because I love her so much I owe that to her. Kim has had to deal with issues in her life, and her strength and resolve in dealing with them amazes me. She is so strong and I admire her so much. She remains focused and positive even when things keep trying to test her will. And when things are beating her down and causing her pain and anguish she always is there to listen to my silly worries too. She truly defines unconditional love.

It seems crazy that only knowing her for less than 10 years, (is that about right Kim?), that we are so close. I know to anyone else this probably seems like so stupid rambling writing that does not make much sense. There are so many parts of her life that I am not familiar with, not because she won't share, just that we have not known one another that long. I am learning more about where she grew up, where she met her Husband and all the other facets of her life. But the connection that I have to her is just amazing. I am so lucky to have her in my life. She makes me happy to be me because she is my friend. I just love the fact that I can tease her and rag on her (only because I love her so much) and we both just laugh about it. I did have a moment this weekend when I was afraid that I might have overstepped my boundaries with my mouthiness, and I had to step back, I knew I had to ask if I had hurt her feelings, not because she seemed to be upset, but I wanted to make sure that she knew I was only saying what I did because I cared about her. I am envious of her Sister "K" because she is her sister, I would love to be her sister so I would have the tie to Kim like she does. I hope and pray that her family knows what a true gift she is to this world. I love you so much Kimmers!!! Thank you for being my BFF.

(Oh, and my toes are better.)

My Dear Sweet Husband....
Thank you does not scratch the surface either in my gratitude for you. Never in my life have I had someone to love me the way you do. I used to think that the "Soul Mate" term was crap, until we met. You have completed the person I am with being in my life. People talk about defining moments in their life and I believe in a certain conversation we had many years ago I had this with you. I never believed in love at first sight until you. I admire your ability to love me no matter what shit I throw at you. I adore you because even when I am the meanest person on Earth, and yes I own that title, self given, you no matter what will always say "I Love You." I am not that big of a person.

Through all of my faults and all of my triumphs you have always been my biggest supporter, cheerleader and love of my life. To say, even when we fight I would never want to fight with anyone else but you. That probably sounds silly, but there is no one else I would ever want to be with. I am a huge talker and probably a big flirt, I don't try to be but I guess that is just part of my personality, but no matter what I only want to be your wife and only with you for the remainder of my life. I love you more because of the life we have created together, I love you more because of the daughter we have together. You are the best Father Sydney could ever have. She and I are the luckiest people on Earth to have you as our family. I know I am not an easy person to talk to at times and I don't admire you for having to deal with me. Thank you for not quitting on me or giving up, even when you can predict the outcome just from my personality. I love you.

To my Baby Girl Sydney
You made this Mother's Day the best yet. I just adore how you say "I love you too Mommy!" You were so snuggly yesterday and just for letting me hug and kiss you, I cherish those moments. Last night having dinner with you and Daddy was the best gift I have ever gotten. You are such a smart, beautiful little girl and I just love you more than life itself. You amaze me everyday and challenge me in ways I never knew possible. I never knew the depth of love until I had you. To tell you I am proud of you does not achieve the feelings I have for all the amazing and wonderful things you continue to do each day. I learn so much from you, thank you for teaching me and showing me the joy in the little things in life that many times adults miss out on. Thank you for loving Starbucks and ice cream, for loving going for a walk or playing on the playground. For dancing like a silly little girl and wanting to snuggle with me even if it is to prevent you from having to go right to bed after watching Pink Panther. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for making me stay strong when I want to give up, you make me want to be better to show you that anything is possible.

I love you.

I love you three more than you will ever know.

Thank you for loving me.

4 Comments:

At 12:44 PM , Blogger Krust said...

Babe, I love you too and what you said means more to me than any amount of luvins ever could, and if you know me, that's saying something!

Can't wait til you get home!

Love you!!!!!!




























more....

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Okay, when I get all the tears dried I'll be back to actually comment.............

 
At 8:12 PM , Blogger Kim said...

First, let me just get this painful truth out of the way so we can move on........MY TOES ARE BETTER THAN YOURS!

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Okay, now you didn't cross the line. I was just emotional this past weekend, having you here, Mother's Day, the whole carseat thing, and I am sure starting my period had something to do with it! Sorry if that was TMI.

We have only known each other for maybe 5 years. It was right before I got pregnant. Our friendship is the first unconditional friendship that I have ever had. I have never gotten so much in return for giving so little. You amaze me with the lengths you will go for others. Princess Haley and your volunteering at the fire department are just two recent things I can think of. I treasure your honesty, no one else is like that with me and its refreshing to have someone tell you how it is, if I suck you'll tell me; if I need to apologize to someone for my actions you'll tell me. You don't hold back and you are only one of two people who are totally honest with me and who hold me totally accountable for my actions.

Thank you & I love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home