Wednesday

But it is MY child

I am thrilled to report that Sydney's surgery for her tubes in her ears went off without a hitch. The days before the surgery, I kept telling myself, it is no big deal, very minor surgery don't worry. But deep down inside I was very upset and concerned. It was really no big deal, but I am sorry, IT IS A HUGE DEAL WHEN IT IS YOUR CHILD. I don't care what anyone says, when they take your flesh and blood away from you and you have no control at all, it is a big deal. I have so much heartfelt compassion for people who are dealing with much bigger issues with their children. I cannot imagine what it would be like for my child to have to have chemotherapy, radiation, surgery for a tumor, I could go on and on. I just don't know how they do it without lots of drugs and alcohol..for themselves!

You would never know that Sydney had anything done, she acts like nothing has happened and I am so thankful. That same day, in the afternoon she went for her 1 year check-up and got the shots and TB test. Poor kid we put her through hell the whole day, but it is all past us now. It seems to me that her vocabulary has grown in just the few days since the surgery. She said night-night last night, that is a new word for us. She is also mimicking sounds that she hears from us. I guess we have become proficient in Sydney Speak, because I hear a lot more words than babble now. Things are coming together in her vocabulary. Each day it is amazing what she learns and discovers.

I really am Jonesing for some sushi, I think Scott and I are going to go on Saturday. Have another adult night out if things work in our favor. We will see.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM , Blogger Kim said...

Oh, I can't imagine them taking Little Man away from me like that.......but look, you made it through and everyone is doing good! YEAH!

Enjoy the adult night, we desparately need one.

Little Man started saying night too and just now, I said to him Night? and he said it back and went right down for a nap........haven't heard a noise! :-) I could get used to this.

They probably think it is about time we learn what they are talking about, for a year now we don't understand a thing and finally WE are catching on!

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

So glad it all went well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home