Wednesday

I'm gonna say it's S-O-L-D

Well, everything just fell into place yesterday like it was meant to be. Strange how things work when they are meant to be they just fall into place perfectly. SO, I am saying that we have sold our house. We are in the 10 day waiting period that allows the perspective buyers to back out, but it shows up to realtors that we have a contract pending. After the 10 days it goes into contract phase and we are OFF THE MARKET BABY!!! NO MORE SHOWINGS! I have to say being on the market for a little over a month I think we did a damn fine job. My house looks so freaking clean. Our new home has a frame and the 2nd story should be done today in the framework. This part goes really fast and then all of a sudden it will slow to a snails pace. The buyers of our current home cannot move in until mid March. We are set to close at the end of February but we will lease the house from them to stay in the house until they can move in. Works good for them because the house does not sit empty and works nice for us because we get about 3 more weeks to move our shit to storage. That means we ony have to live with my parents for less than 30 days. Nicely done. I just hope it all sticks but I have a good feeling about it. The money is solid from the buyers and we don't have to pay their closing which is NICE!

Last night I was looking for some documentation I have to send to the title company. I stumbled upon photos of the dirt our house now sits on. We were one of the first houses in the phase of our neighborhood. It really made me feel sad that we are now leaving. I knew I would have emotional ties to the house and when we take our last walk around getting the last bit of our stuff out I know I will cry. This is the first house I had my name on. Scott and I worked really hard to buy this house. To me it is my first step into adulthood. We lived here for a good almost 8 years when we move. Our neighbors have become more than friends they are part of our family. I will miss the house but I will not get over missing our neighbors, I wish we could move them along with our stuff. Granted our new neighborhood is surrounded with so many couples with children, young ones like Syd, it will be nice to have people around that have same aged children. Right now we really do not have that. This new neighborhood fits us better with Syd and it is more family oriented. But it does not make it easy to leave the friends that we have made. Our neighbor across the street moved in about 8 months before we did. We got to know him before we even broke ground on our house. I remember Scott making a comment about the corvette that sat in his garage. Boy, now to see this person drive a black astro van and think it is the bomb, no he does not have kids, he is single as the day is long. He has installed an "Air Ride" system on his Astro Van and can make it ride extremely low to the ground. I do not get it at all but I am told that it is cool...whatever.

I will miss him probably the most. Plus I live across the street from my high school. Mind you they have a new and improved high school bigger than the one I went to, but to know that I can stand outside during football season and hear the school song it really nice. It is a very small high school, but it feels big in my heart. You would think I would have been to tons of games, but no. I do happen to point out when I am in the school to the trophy case. My photo is featured along with the other team mates of mine. Still a big fish in a small pond, now just an old woman holding on to her high school glory days.

And then there is Kim. Kim, I have mentioned before. She and her family moved away right before Halloween. She is my blog buddy. She is my a lot of things buddy. Kim is my personal cheerleader. Probably besides Scott, and my parents, Kim loves me just about as much as they do. I wish I could re-arrange the states and move the one she moved to closer. Who really needs Oklahoma right over Texas anyway?! We talk on the phone about every two weeks or so, sometimes more sometimes less, but it is like she never left. I just miss that we cannot erase the time and keep each other more in tune to what is going on. It seems at times our husbands are cut from the same annoying cloth. We love them to pieces but want to kill them a lot of the times. It just helps to know that I am not alone.

We both decided last night to move to an island with just us and the kids. I told her at times when we are so frustrated I understand why women turn lesbian. Men and women think differently and if you think I am lying, have a child. Your idea and his ideas will differ, but mine nor his is the right way. As long as we both get to the finish line with a productive individual in society I think we both win. But boy oh boy, how we get there will sure be a challenge. This is when it helps to have Kim. She validates me, and I her. We fit and I am so glad I found her.

6 Comments:

At 9:28 PM , Blogger Kim said...

sniffle, sniffle, wiping my tears away! :-) boy, did we throw a boo-hoo session or what today? LOL

 
At 3:57 AM , Blogger Krust said...

Awww... so, what's this lesbian thing about? I'm tuned. Do I get to at least watch? Throw me a bone here...

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger Krust said...

I apologize for being insensitive. I normally don't get worked up over sappho innuendo. Not sure what came over me. I was a bad boy. I'll take my spanking like a man.

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger TL said...

Right...

 
At 7:39 AM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

That kind of friendship is what it's all about--and I personally think we wouldn't appreciate our women friends quite so much if our husbands weren't so danged annoying at times! So maybe we should be grateful that they're dorks--yeah, right.

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger Krust said...

Hey! That's a shot. Not very nice.
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home