Wednesday

Wood Chips, Band Aids and Car Seats

Funky title hun? I have to write about this, it is one of those Kid moments that you will soon forget and it is worth such a laugh. Well, at least to me. Seems at Syd's school the playground they play on has wood chips all over it. I guess while playing a straggler wood chip would end up in a diaper. So now, my little OCD baby in traning insists that she has wood chips in her diaper, all the freaking time. She will sit at the dinner table and tell you Wood Chip! Wood Chip! And try to lift her leg to look at her diaper. She even has my Mom looking for a stray wood chip that might have been stuck to her butt all weekend and dislodged on a Sunday and now itched her ass. So, to appease miss OCD we have to take off the diaper and tell her we found a wood chip and put the diaper back on. And then she starts it all over again. SO then you have to tell her that we took the wood chip out and she is fine now.

I really find it hard to believe that with all of the binding on the diapers that a wood chip would make it into the diaper. I can see a child putting a wood chip in their diaper or, a child picking one up and putting it in the back of a fellow classmates diaper therefore causing the whole mass hysteria of Wood Chip in Diaper trauma.

I really think she might be OCD, she skinned her knee yesterday, so she got a band aid. They gave her two at school, one for the other knee too because she needed to have the other side the same as the first side.

And how EXACTLY do you get a kid strapped into the car seat when they just don't want to be in the car seat. I had my first, I want to beat the hell out of you moment today. For some wonderful reason Syd decided she did not want to sit in her car seat this morning so we could leave. She would pitch a holy fit and arch her back. I keep asking her if she wants to go to school and see her friends, she says yes. I then tell her she has to sit in her car seat and get bucked in. She tells me no. I ask if she wants to go do tumble bus, an activity that she does on Wednesday at school. She says yes, I tell her she has to sit in the car seat so we can leave and she tells me no. I ask if she wants to stay home in the garage all day since she does not want to sit in her seat. She say no, logic would tell you my 21 month old YOU HAVE TO SIT IN THE CAR SEAT!

Mind you I am one of those people that said, my child will never dictate what we do and do not do. HA! That is a myth people. You cannot MAKE a 21 month old do anything if they do not want to. It is a mind game, we are smarter but, they do not know this, and they try to wait us out. Testing to see if they will eventually get their way. I tried wrestling her into the seat. I got the top part clasped, but her head was in the seat portion of the car seat. THINKING that I could wrestle her in place to buckle her into the remainder of the seat she begins to twist. Yes, twist her body around. So, I realize this is not going to work either. So, I take her out of the car seat, and tell her I am leaving. I get in the car and shut the door. And she freaks. It works, I did not start the car, I did not drive away, I just left her outside the car. I got out, asked if she was ready to go with me, she said yes and we got bucked in. 15 freaking minutes I lost. And during the wrestling match, she is fucking laughing. I really REALLY wanted to pop her on the butt. But I rationalized myself out of it saying I would be spanking her only out of my own frustration with the matter. So scaring the shit out of her, that is fine! Yeah, I was tearing myself apart on the way to work. Thinking, how could I have handled this better. I am still at a loss. But she got in the car seat....so.....I WIN!

I love her, I really and truly do. But DAMN IT!! Today was the worst morning ever. When we did get into the car seat, I told her that mommy was not happy with her. She looked at me and said "Mommy Sick." Yeah, that little gem was from last night when she asked what my medicine was for and I told her Mommy was sick. I guess that is her way of telling me, No, your not mad, your just sick.

Needless to say, I have decided that I am going to serve Syd turkey stuffed with wood chips, and two band aids. She will be required to sit in her car seat at the table. Seeing how sick I am, it only seems like the right thing to do.

Gobble Gobble!

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM , Blogger Kim said...

Let me know how the car seat at the table went! I hope you are feeling better and everything went well. Congrats on having your first turkey under your belt!

Love and miss ya.

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

Arggghhhh! The wood chip thing. We had a bin of them for our guinea pigs and, of course, occasionally one would slip out on to the floor. The little boy I used to babysit once got one in his footie pajamas somehow and after that, it was every ten minutes, pulling off the jammies and turning the feet inside out and looking for the microscopic chip that might be bothering him. For weeks on end we went through this. I never really thought I'd hear of someone else suffering the wood chip problem.

As for getting a 21-month-old to do what you want--anyone who thinks you can make a 21-month-old do anything has never had a 21-month-old or has forgotten what it's really like to have one. :)

 
At 6:50 PM , Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Hey, you'd be AMAZED the placed kids can hide things...

for us, (back in Louisiana) it was SAND. Lots and LOTS of sand in places I didn't even know existed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home