Monday

No post is a good post?

I know I am lacking in my ability to post regularly but hell I am really slacking here lately. Well, Thanksgiving was gone like a flash. The brined turkey was, how do you say....INFUCKINGCREDIBLE! I tell you, I really have never had turkey that I would eat the white meat, I hate dry white meat turkey. But seriously it was so moist. I could not tell the difference between the white meat and the dark meat. Plus it cooked so fast, I said we would eat at 2PM and damn-it the food was on the table at 2PM. I swear I still don't know how I pulled that one off.

Things are in full Christmas swing here at our house. I am biding my time until the 22nd when Santa comes early to my house. My Best Friend Kim and her Family are flying in to spend Christmas with Her In-Laws and I get the wonderful blessing of having them stay with us. I have not posted about this at all simply because my emotions on the matter can become close to hysterical. You would think at the ripe age of 36 I would have them in check. But it seems as life offers bumps in the road when something so wonderful comes your way, it is hard for me to remain calm and not crying tears of joy and excitement.

Syd is enjoying everything that this season has to offer. When you ask her about Santa she says "Brings Toys!!" I know that she should have more of an idea of what Christmas is really about and I am trying to tell her about the true meaning of Christmas. But really right now it is so much fun to see her excited. Daddy posted this on his blog but I just think it is too cute not to share....
We were trying to get a nice photo of the two of us..I title this one your Holiday Ham. Doesn't she just exude holiday peace and good will towards men?

4 Comments:

At 6:27 PM , Blogger Kim said...

That picture is wonderful! Funny how we don't talk about the "visit", I too get so excited I can't think straight when I start to think about it. Would this be the reason that we haven't worked out any details yet either?!?!?!?! :-)

Can't wait. Glad your turkey was good!

 
At 3:49 AM , Blogger Krust said...

She's too young to exude good will towards men. You on the other hand... I'm always up for some good will.

And by the way, you look absolutely stunning in that picture. One of the best you have ever taken.

 
At 5:45 AM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

She's clearly ready for her close-up! And a visit from Kim--is that the coolest Christmas present EVER?

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger Tacey said...

Gorgeous picture of you two!

I must confess, I'm completely intrigued by the idea of brined turkey. Where can I get directions/recipe/instructions? I have to cook a bird for 18 people for Christmas! (Eeeeek!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home