Thursday

Perspective

Since all hell has broken lose on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, makes my little water problem seem so minuscule. My Dad did come over on Tuesday, the assessment seems to be that when watering the lawn, for 2 HOURS, the water hitting the house can seep into the joints built into the house and therefore leak out of the other sides of the house. No more water leaking since that wonderful nerve racking night. Needless to say, I am very THANKFUL for this and the wrath it might have caused on the family finances.

This family did open up the ol' checkbook for the relief effort for the hurricane Kuntrina, as I am now calling her. She fucked things royally, so if you can spare even the smallest amount please go here to help. I personally thank you, seeing how I reside in Texas, many of the refugee's are heading our way. Seeing the hell they have been through and will have to live with for the rest of their lives, I think giving to the Red Cross is the LEAST that I can do. Last night my husband and I were returning from dinner and the truck in front of us did not seem to have any clue where they were going, he was becoming the pain in the ass mouthy driver, and I noticed the license plate was from Louisiana, I pointed that out and he held his tongue. Be as lost as you need to be, I am sure you have dealt with more than I can ever imagine. Hell on earth. Really hell on earth.

I was talking to my Mom about the whole Kuntrina thing and told her I CANNOT wait for someone, if they haven't already, to start spouting off that this was God's will, that New Orleans is a city of sin, drinking, transvestites, strip bars, prostitution, drugs, (you know your every run of the mill city), and that this was God's way of cleaning up. I know it is coming, I can just feel it in my bones. My God does not work that way. And damn you if you think that way. The blame game does not need to be played either. In many ways I wish that people would just shut the fuck up, stop wasting time on asking all the Why? Things failed and just focus on getting relief to the people that need it. We can ask why and whom all that shit afterwards when we start the rebuilding process, but now is not the time.

Ahh, cleansing breath...... Anyway, being new to blogging and all, I have really begun to love it. I am slowly starting a list of blogs that I have to read daily. I am addicted to Dooce. This woman in my mind is a fucking genius. I will be constructing my Dooce alter on my desk at work so very soon. If you have never paroused her musings, I urge you to tickle your funny bone and surf on over. Genius I tell ya.

2 Comments:

At 4:02 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

"The hissing is the ocean's rage at not being able to drown us."
--Dave Eggers, "You Shall Know Our Velocity"

I thought of this when you posted about the water the other day, but it took me this long to dig it out...I'm a total geek and keep notebooks full of quotes that have caught my eye--this one seemed sadly appropriate this week.

 
At 6:05 AM , Blogger TL said...

So very true! Thanks for the post, it really does fit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home