Monday

Diet Coke and Vanilla Vodka

Saturday night we decided to be the adults we are and celebrate with some friends of their recent nuptials. They were married in Vegas a few weeks ago and had a party here on Saturday. So that evening Scott and I headed out to Downtown Dallas. We packed a bag, somehow with this party we were offered a room at the Downtown magnolia Hotel for a really cheap rate. So, off to Downtown we go, the sun setting the heat still 100+ degrees and the fucking traffic. I cannot believe for 2 years I drove to Downtown for work. I am still gripping the "oh shit" bar from the ride. Seeing that we were kidless for the evening and able to walk back to our hotel, we let our hair down. So far down for me that all day yesterday I felt like shit. Why is it that once you get older it is harder and harder to recover from a night of drinking? Yep, a day after hitting the vanilla vodka, I was toast for the next day. Gee, I think my bounce back was a lot better when I was in my 20's....

Syd stayed the night at my parents house, which is good, they have left for a 2 week trip to California. They are driving...they are insane, but they have to bring back some furniture and stuff, but the drive from Texas to Cali does not sound like one I want to make any time soon. They plan on stopping along the way to see the sites but even that does not make me want to jump in the car and take off out West. Seeing how Syd changes so much from day-to-day, it will be interesting how much she will have learned between now and then. Yesterday while we were in Wal-Mart, yes, again, as we were shopping any time I would say thank-you to someone she would repeat it. Very cute, and she is getting to be very good on her manners. I am a firm believer in the yes ma'am's and yes sir's.

Now for my weekend observations:

While at the "party" I noticed one party goer that decided to wear her high school prom dress to the function. OK, sure, go for it, but the added quality of this one, it was too small to zip in the back, so you know the solution to this problem, Ladies, next time just put on a denim jacket. But make sure that the jacket comes right to the point in the back that you can see that the damn dress is NOT going to zip any further. It was a strange sight...

While at Wal-Mart, I noticed another person wearing a shirt that said "Best Dad", the off feature of this, it was worn by a woman.....

Do not take a toddler shopping into a store that has "fake" fruit and veggies, they DO NOT understand that the "fake" food is to decorate and the screaming for the grapes can just about drive you crazy. EAT!!! Grapes!!! EAT!!!

On the way to get our nails done this weekend, Sydney decided to entertain my Mom and I by staying "Poo-Poo Kitty" I have not a fucking clue where this came from or who taught it to her. But it was some funny shit.

I think any hotel that serves cookies and milk for its guests from 9 PM to 11 PM is pretty damn cool. Too bad I opted for more free Diet Coke and Vanilla Vodka, I was looking forward to cookies and milk.

Well, I had a ton more, but because of daily obligations and other thoughts that are clogging my brain, I have forgotten them all. Lucky you, lucky you!

4 Comments:

At 9:47 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Oh I hope you are feeling better. We just hit an age where it doesn't become worth it to party one night and not remember things to only remembering how sick and shitty you feel the next day! Right there with ya, I had two beers one night last week and no dinner and boy did I pay.....I slept like shit for one, but I also woke up about midnight with a POUNDING headache. I probably will never mumble the words, "Its your turn to drive" again to my husband. The two times I have done this I got terribly drunk.

 
At 5:19 AM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

"Well, I had a ton more, but because of daily obligations and other thoughts that are clogging my brain, I have forgotten them all."

Give credit where credit is due--don't forget the vanilla vodka! :)

 
At 5:20 AM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

PS--about the hangover hurting more as you get older: shoot, I woke up hungover practically every day now and I only drink once or twice a year. What's with that?

 
At 11:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! rio said, 'kangaroo poop' yesterday! and so it begins ...

(((((((((((((((missed you))))))))))))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home