What a week

I have tried to up my blogging and my efforts as you see have failed. So much has flown by this week so here is a quick outline.

Monday: My everso bothersome employee that I have hoped and prayed would resolve into other employment came in that afternoon and gave me notice that Friday would be the last day of their active employment with the company. I was asked, "Didn't you expect it?" by said employee and no I did not but the week previous when we dressed better than capri pants and a t-shirt I was hoping that my luck would change. And it did. Then I was told by said employee "You and I just don't mesh." Really? Could it be because you were busted looking for another job on my time on my company computer, or that I took the Internet off of your computer after you had been warned about your abuse of the use of it, or that you were doing other people's taxes on the company computer for profit or could it be that in my insane thoughts I expected you to work? Said employee did work and did just enough to get by. I would ask for other jobs to be done and after my request I was answered with a huge sigh. I guess this was the way to tell me I don't want to do them but I guess I will. Who the fuck knows I just know that yesterday at 4:00 PM I am no longer this persons boss and it feels fucking wonderful.

Tuesday: Searching for employee replacement hits overdrive...see I go on vacation next week...
That night I fall asleep I think around 2 am. Mind you I took 3 benadryl and they did nothing to make me fall asleep. Eventually I had to have 1/2 of a Xanax to help my panic that I will not have this position filled in time and all hell will break lose.

Wednesday: Again no sleep, still searching for an employee. First interview set up for today and I got stood up. This could suck. Panic is still on the cusp. Still not able to sleep all the night through. Don't think I slept that whole night. Was up watching tv till God knows when. But going to the Dr. Tomorrow hopefully the end will be in sight.

Thursday: Doctors appointment to do med check on new meds. Weight issue with other meds. I just about kissed the Dr. when the scale said I had lost 5 pound and last time I was in shorts and a t-shirt. This time I was in jeans and a sweater. I can tell a real difference my eating is right back to where it was before the meds and I eat only when I am truly hungry. Many times a cheese stick will be my dinner and do not have that craving for crap food when I take these new meds. Told Dr. about my inability to sleep and then told him I had taken Ambeien when I was pregnant..once and never will again. I had hallucinations that I was a man, it was a freakish thing. So he prescribed Lunesta. Well, he gave me a huge bag full of samples and also refilled my Xanax for the plane ride next week. We are hoping that once I am on vacation I will be able to sleep normally. Since Bonnie was killed in September of 2005 I have yet to fall asleep without Benadryl, or some other sleep aid like allergy meds or nyquil. Nights freak me out, the other meds I was on for my racing mind would put me out but well the weight gain was just too much. So Wednesday night I go and take my sleep med, just one because well it is new meds. At 1 AM I am still awake....
Also on Thursday....For the past 2 weeks I have been fighting a toothache but it comes and goes, Thursday I was kicking my ass. So I have pain meds for my root canal I had a few months ago so I take that and it helps. I call the dentist by this time they are closed. They call back and tell me to come in at 8 AM on Friday. Interview two people and think I have found the one. Call her back she said she will come in on Friday and take her drug and background check and agrees to come back and start training.

Friday: Go to the dentist, and well, news is not good. I have an infection below my one tooth that had a root canal when I was 21. The infection is pushing my now crowned tooth up and causing it to be the first tooth to be hit when I bite down. The infection is trying to force its way out. Now my gum is very inflamed and I have to see an oral surgeon ASAP. They are closed on Friday. So with my prescriptions of codeine and antibiotics I am sent on my way. I am freaked because I fly out next Friday...I hope this gets done! I work my way through the day on pain meds the only last about 4 hours and then my mouth is pounding again. I leave work at 7 yes I said 7 PM last night. My new employee showed up and jumped right into things. The other office people really seem to think it is a good fit. My former employee leaves shortly after 4 and I am so damn grateful that part of my management career is over. I think I have a great network of people working now and with this group I think we will have a system where everyone works as a team and we can have a good time while doing it. Last night when I got home my parents were over to see Syd. I told my Dad I might need him to drive me home this week from the dentist. My Aunt and one of her sons will be there on Monday and leave on Wednesday as they pass through with a youth gathering thing. I hope I can get the time to spend with them this week and get this mouth thing taken care of before I have to leave. Plus I have a ton of work to get done in general and I need to make sure my new employee can do the basics of billing before I leave....I so wish for about 3 more days before I leave for vacation...
Last night 2 lunesta and I slept. Scott has been such a hero today. He has basically given me the day off today. I have slept on and off because my mouth still hurts but the antibiotics are helping. Plus Thursday night I had a meltdown and told him I feel like I am failing at everything and not able to keep my shit together. I guess lack of sleep and pain can cause you to lose your mind at times.

Scott is currently taking Syd to spend the night with my parents. While we are gone I think they are going to have a hard time not seeing her. She is getting to that fun stage and each day she gives us more to be amazed at. We are now talking in 3 word sentences. We have heard a lot about "Bird, eat, bye-bye. And she signs while she says it. And we are saying Thank you...huge deal for me!! We say and sign please a lot but thank-you is a new one.

This week will be busy what an understatement! Please if the dentist have a fairy please ask that fairy to fit me in for this surgery before my vacation!!


At 11:06 PM , Blogger Yeah, him. said...

What's wrong with people using their work time to earn 2 paychecks at once?

Jeez... some employers...

Enjoy Clerks 2... I have a feeling that it's going to be too much Jay and Silent Bob and not enough Randall (the hero of Clerks 1). all the same, I'm still going to be there (and the new M Night) with bells on.

Oh yeah.

At 6:55 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Oooh. I hate toothaches. I hope yours suddenly goes into remission so you can enjoy vacay. you sooo deserve it.

At 8:15 AM , Blogger Sabrina said...

Sounds like you've been really busy! Hiring is no fun. I hated that when I used to be a Manager. So sorry about your teeth! Yikes! I hate going to the dentist. I hope they get you fixed up soon. That sounds horrible!

At 1:49 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

Good luck getting it all together and have a good vacation (which you surely need/deserve!).

At 8:49 PM , Blogger Kim said...

I hope you are feeling better, I didn't hear back from you today so I am hoping you got into the dentist!

Miss you tons and take care of yourself!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home