Wednesday

There baaaccckkkkkkk.........

And a fun time had by all. Our summer vacation of 2006 to FL is completed for this year. It was nice. Syd decided this year instead of sleeping like she did last year she would go back and forth in my and daddy's lap for the whole 2 1/2 hour flight. On the way home she slept for the last 45 min of the 3 hour flight home. Scott and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary while we were on vacation. We went out a few nights afterwards and left Syd with her Great-Grand Parents and her Grandma. They got some good bonding time in.

I think the best part of the whole trip for me was that my Sister-in-law has finally found someone that I approve of. She has finally found someone who treats her the way we have told her for years she deserves the way to be treated. She is probably the most beautiful woman I have ever met in my life, but her choice in men has quite frankly sucked ass. She is seeing a new man and he came down to meet the fam while we were on vacation. He got to meet the whole damn gang of us, and my quote was if you don't want him send him to Texas because we need another nice guy here. Syd loved him and I admire him and the job he does, he is a deputy sheriff and works the K-9 unit. Listening to him about his work and the passion he has for the work he does makes me glad to have him doing the work he does. Wow!! I just hope and PRAY this one sticks and that this one goes for the long haul.

The new employee I hired before I left has worked out smashingly! I can actually say the employees I have now in my office I really LIKE! We finally have a team of people that have the same work ethic and goals set in place.

I did have to fire someone today though. It never gets easier even when I am not their direct boss. I just hate it, where is that class in my management core of "How to Fire Someone 101" That is something I could really use from time to time....

I did read one full book while on vacation, that was my goal. Mind you at times I was crouched up against a nightl ight trying so hard to make out the words because I was afraid to turn on the light and wake "Sydney the impossible to get to sleep while on vacation monster."

I am in the process of listening to "A Million Little Pieces" after being 100 on the waiting list I was finally on the top and I have to say even if the book is all bunk and not a "true account", it is some amazing writing. I am listening to this story about a man having dental work done on his teeth, two root canals and two teeth filed filled and capped WITHOUT ANY PAIN MEDICATION AT ALL. None, nada, zilch. See the patient is in a drug treatment facility and they cannot give the patient any sort of medication at all. The writing of this account is incredible and even if it is fiction it is some damn good writing.

OK bathtime for Sydney, gotta run!!

3 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

Glad to hear you had a good anniversary and vacation (and that you got the office the way that you want).

The only training on how to fire someone that I know of is that scene in Jerry Mcguire where Tom Cruise gets let go while on a lunch meeting.

If you try that and your employee comes to understand that lunch equals sleeps with the work fishes, then maybe you can save yourself some hard work.

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Wow, you approve of her guy! Good! I am tired of seeing women think they aren't worth being treated well and taking all the shit a guy will give 'em!

Glad you had a good time. Sorry you had to fire someone when you got back though. I don't envy your job, I am not sure I could do it. I wasn't made to do that. I am sure you do it with class and are very thorough about it, covering your ass and making sure everything is done correctly.

Miss you tons!

 
At 6:01 AM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

Welcome back! We've missed you!

Glad your vacation went so well and that the office didn't fall apart while you were gone! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home