Monday

Bonnie

I sit here grief stricken, sick to my stomach, cold, and lost. At 3 am on Monday I got a call that the one girl I work with, Bonnie, had died. I could not believe the phone call, the news pouring out of the other end. I could not believe what I was hearing. After trying to rush to the hospital across town to try to help and get some answers, I never made it in time. After turning back around only going about 1/8th of the way there, I call the family to offer my number and information. Bonnie was a co-worker, I was her boss, but she was my friend first. My call was answered by her Husband. He informed me that around 9 pm on Sunday night she and he were on there way over to a friends house. They were riding their Harley's and Bonnie hit a curb. When Steve got to her she was already unconscious. He never got to speak to her again. To think the last thing she said to me on Friday was "Have a good weekend." I have no clue what the family is dealing with, my feelings of grief are so small compared to what her three daughters and one son are going through. She has three grandchildren too. They all loved her so much. We all did. I miss her so, but I can "feel" her with me, I truly can "feel" her telling me to be strong and that she is in such a better place. But my heart aches so much and my stomach feels so sickly. How I will function on Tuesday at work I have no clue. I will have to clean out her office, and get the life insurance paperwork processed. I have to remain strong for Bonnie and my employee's, but I feel weak in my own grief.

4 Comments:

At 9:08 AM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking of you during this difficult time.

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger Kim said...

I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling or going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her loved ones. If you need anything just call me!

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger TL said...

Thank you both for your kind thoughts and prayers. Today has been very hard and the next few I expect to be even harder. I contacted a friend that asked me over a year ago to not contact her anymore...long story but we used to work together and I knew that she would want to know. I hope my gesture is recieved in the matter it was written. Past is the past, present is what we are in now. Thank you all so much.

 
At 7:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers your way and Bonnie's family's way, too. Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home