Monday

The Best Cake Ever

Here is the recipe for the chocolate cake I made. It is pretty easy and I think it is one of the best cakes I have ever had. I told Scott, I loved making it so much I wish I could for a living. The smell of chocolate cake in the house was just wonderful!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 bundt pan
1 box devils food cake mix (the one with pudding in the mix if you can find it)
1 small box of chocolate pudding mix if you cannot find the cake with pudding in the mix
1/2 cup club soda
1/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bag milk chocolate chips
1 container of chocolate icing your choice, I did the one with chocolate chips in it



Make cake by adding everything except the chocolate chips. Once cake mix is mixed well add 1 cup of each type chocolate chips. Pour mix in a very well sprayed bundt pan with the pam with flour in it, spray VERY WELL. After cake is poured in pan, take another 1/2 cup of each type of chocolate chips and sprinkle on top of the cake mix. Take a spoon and pull cake batter over chips. This allows the cake to have chocolate chips all through the cake. (I don't measure out the chips for the batter or on top of the batter, I just add until I think there is enough....)

Bake for 50-55 min until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes then flip out on cake rack. Let cake cool completely before icing. You can just sprinkle powdered sugar over cake instead of icing. I serve with strawberries on top of cake and cool whip or whipped cream on top of sliced cake with strawberries on top of cool whip.

Enjoy!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 3:35 PM , Blogger New Texan said...

sounds good, but like a lot of work... if you want to drop one by Irving, that would be fine... :P

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger Krust said...

Cut into large slices, get naked and enjoy the cake like it was meant to be. This is some GOOD FUCKING CAKE.

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger Sabrina said...

Sounds good now I just need to find some time when I have NO KIDS and I'm actually not sick so I can make it! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home