Friday

The leap, the paint, the blood....All in one day, what will tomorrow bring for us?!

Well, we are the proud, proud owners of a new home. The signing of the papers was painless, looking at the monthly payment was not TOO painful, the taxes that we are not escrowing, those hurt. 3.02% in our new town of Mansfield, Texas, but by 2008 they will be cut by 1/3 since they are re-doing the tax structure and getting rid of what we have called Robin Hood laws. Has to do with the rich school districts paying for other school districts and it is just makes my head hurt thinking about it. I have to say when I was in high school, I was one of the kids who benefited from these laws, my school district was one of the lowest, and the laws were to spread the wealth around. Who knows if it did or not.

Anyway, we have paint, and a ton of it. We decided before we move anything into the house to paint Sydney's room, the formal dining room, one wall in the master bedroom and the game room. Syd's room is done, it is a lovely shade of lavender. The dining room is a Burgundy color and just about finished. The other two still have to be done and Scott is still over working on it. My Dad was helping but, well he is on his way to the emergency room. He was installing Syd's ceiling fan and a part flew out of his hands and hit him square in the mouth. He has a nice 1/2 circle cut on his lip, the whole bottom lip. So, my Mom loaded him up and they went to the hospital, I loaded Syd up and we came home and she is sleeping. I am nursing a coffee waiting to hear from my parents. All this went down around 8:45 PM. They both will be lucky to be home before 2 am is my guess. I feel terrible for my Dad, he is such a great handy man but has these STRANGE accidents. In fact last Friday night, Kim was telling some pretty crazy stories about her Mom and then I started on some about my Dad. I know he will be OK just have a lip full of stitches on the front part of his face, OUCH! It just looked freaky!

Tomorrow, I have 5 of my day laborers coming to help us move our items from storage to the new house. I am thinking in two trips we will have it done. We have a truck on rental and have it till Monday at 9 am. I hope and pray that tomorrow does not have any more of these suprises in store for us.

The house is more than I ever imagined I would ever own. I look at it and keep asking, "Is this really all mine?" It really makes me feel proud for all the hard work that I have put into my life in being a successful person. To know that I am able with my Husband to provide such a beautiful home for my family makes me feel like the luckiest person in the World. Coming to really love this house is coming easier. It is crazy how things happen and make you think, 'this is the right move." I believe that God offers me these things to let me know that the path I am taking is the right one. Case in point, the neighbors to our left, moved in last weekend. They have a 14 month old baby girl too, she was born 10 days after Sydney. The house to the left of us has 4 little girls living there. Ages 11, 10, and twins that are 8. We live on the FEMALE side of the street. It just makes it feel "right". To know that Syd will have little girls her age to play with is just heart warming. We did not have that at our other house. I think I did the right thing....It has only taken me 7 months to finally say that!

Baby steps....

6 Comments:

At 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so happy it's going smoothly. sydney will have those neighborhood girls whipped into shape in no time! i would bet she'll always get to be the princess :) good training from dad...

speaking of dad ... hope yours isn't too badly disfigured!

hoping tomorrow is smooth sailing :)

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger New Texan said...

congrats on the new house... i look forward to having a similar post soon.

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Kim said...

I hope your Dad is okay! I am so happy for you. You have a BEAUTIFUL home, I can't wait to see it again when I come visit! Glad you have all those neighbors with little kids, I do miss that terribly from TX. We are actually getting a neighbor down the street, probably .25 of a mile away!

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

It's great that things are coming together! Of course, there had to be an injury--it seems like you guys can't do anything without someone bleeding! :)

 
At 6:01 AM , Blogger Sabrina said...

I'm glad you got moved and everything is done! That's the best feeling! We are most likely moving soon to Oklahoma because of dh's job. Actually it's approved, they're just waiting for me to say yes. I'm scared though. I hope you get all that painting done! Along with moving I hate painting.

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger TL said...

Nita-

Thanks! I cannot wait until Syd is able to go play with her neighborhood friends. Just knowing that there are children in the area for her to be friends with makes me feel so good about the whole thing.

Steve-
Thanks, as do I for you as well. We are hitting you up for pool time!

Kim-
Thanks, he is fine now, just mad at himself. How come our stuff from our house looks old and crappy in the new one?!

MM-
Yes, it seems that we do have a lot of blood in our family doings doesn't it?!

Sabrina-

Yes, painting always sounds fun and then after two strokes with the brush or roller I am tired of it. I have been lucky in all the painting of the old house and the new house I have yet to do any of it!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home