Tuesday

Waiting patiently

Well, as I type Kim is making the journey to come visit. It takes a brave woman and patient Grandmother to travel by car with a 16 month old! I can only do it by airplane and lots of benadryl! So, this evening Kim will be here and the fun can begin. Last night if you were a fly on the wall in my parents house, you would have wondered what the fuck is wrong with all these people. I think all of us, accept Syd were down with something. Scott has a sinus infection and respitory infection, my Mom is suffering from a massive sinus infection, mind you she went to the Dr. on Thursday of last week and has been treated and still had to go back yesterday. My Dad, I guess he was fine and I, I was down with gas pains again. When I layed down I was fine, but as soon as I stood up or sat up, I thought I was going to die. Soon after Syd was down for the night, I was down too. I am hoping and praying I do not have this again tonight. It hit as soon as I walked into the door of the house. Hopefully tonight will be better for all of us.

I started the post about the "phone call", but I have decided to let that rest. After reading the very touching Eulogy SteveT wrote for his Father last week, it made me re-think my feelings on this whole issue. Yes, what my Dad did, it upset me, but in the end will it matter...no...so therefore after reflecting on Steve's writings, this is nothing. I can deal with this, and thankful that I have him around to bother the hell out of me. Maybe this is stupid, and this is my way of not dealing with the whole issue, but if that is the case, then let it be. It is not worth my energy or me letting it get to me. Plus, what would I talk about in therapy this week?!

I could go on again about the post office and the lack in ability to forward our mail. But, that seems to be an old subject now. We have gotten a select pieces, but I just know that it is stacking up in the land of the lost somewhere.

I just love Jack FM radio here in Dallas. Nothing makes me feel like I am 15 again than to listen to this radio station. Right now they are jamming to some Rick Springfield, "Don't Talk to Strangers." Oh, to be 15 again. Now, my husband would rather die than to experience his teenage years again.

Later the next day......

Kim made it in safely!!! I saw her last night, she brought me the sweetest gift and made me a card. It took a lot to keep my emotions in check. Scott swore that when I saw her I was going to start crying. I won that bet. I have got Friday off so we can spend the day together. I am going to take her to the new house and then we will just do what strikes our fancy. I cannot tell you how excited I am about having a day to spend with her. It is just going to make it harder to let her go back, but the time I have with her will be golden.

I went back to the dentist today, for some reason last week I thought my root canal was done....oh so foolish of me!!! I went back this morning thinking I was just getting my temporary crown put on...oh hell no. I got more drilling and digging in the root of my tooth. The top of my head hurt from all of the pressure. My mouth was bleeding because he had to work on the gum that is on the inside of my mouth, seems I lost so much of the tooth below the gum line....ugh!!! I have three pins in my tooth build up and in three weeks I get the permanent crown. I brush, I floss, why the hell are my teeth shitty??? I hate that my teeth are like this. Seems that stress really does a number on my teeth. I had to have a root canal in college right before I got married the first time. Should have taken the hint that anything that causes my teeth to go South like that is a BAD thing.

Oh yeah, heard in the radio today, that Def Leppard is coming here to DFW in July. My next stop is to get tickets, this will be the 4th time they have been in an area where I could see them and did not make it. Not going to happen again....off to Ticketmaster.

2 Comments:

At 12:42 PM , Blogger Sabrina said...

I love Rick Springfield's old stuff. And Def Lepard? They are awesome! My mother, yes my mother saw them in concert a few years back not I. LMAO

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger Sabrina said...

I didn't mean that you were old! Don't take that the wrong way! LOL I said I like them too!!! See above!?!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home