Everything is coooool........

Sydney and I went to her appointment yesterday at Scottish Rite. I was cool about it all, then we were walking in and there was a child being pulled in a wagon. I lost it. But, I was able to pull myself together to get through the appointment and the assessment is: SHE IS FINE, NORMAL, DON"T WORRY. Thank you God. I had to give the history of how we got to the point of being at the hospital and I told the director of the In-toeing clinic that I did notice that she was a bit pigeoned toed but I thought it was cute and it did not concern me. Then I told her about how my neighbor said something and then I asked her school teachers about it and they all said "Yeah we noticed and wondered about it too." So, after the exam she said that Sydney is normal and the degree of the in-toeing is nothing to be concerned about and that it should correct itself by the time she is 6. She said if it does not it is nothing to worry about because it is not drastic and preventing her from being able to walk. She said they no longer do braces, shoes or therapy because it does not work and that is outdated by 25 years now. It does not matter if she sleeps on her knees, sits on them either. WHEW! She said that if they did have to correct it if it was a drastic case it involves cutting the bone and a lot of surgery, a very drastic measure and one that she nor I feel is needed. She did say yes that statistics have proved that people that have in-toeing do run faster than other that do not...Maybe she will be a track star. Who knows, shen she told me "You were right, this is no big deal, she is fine." I felt my Mommy Card had been validated again.

I have a whole issue about a phone call my Dad got last night. Yesterday was not a good day for me, I was cranky and traffic home from Scottish Rite was terrible due to an accident where someone was killed changing his tire on the emergency lane of the highway. It was terrible and I just freak when you drive past that covered body on the highway. I will get into the phone call later. Last night was just not the night for this call.

Have a good weekend, Syd is cutting 4 molars at once, she knows how to do it up BIG.

Oh yeah, LSU...... INCREDIBLE!


At 9:12 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

So glad to hear that it went well!

At 9:23 PM , Blogger Kim said...

I am so glad everything went well. I was thinking about you Friday. I can't wait to see you and perfect little Syd!

At 10:18 AM , Blogger Tacey said...

Isn't it the best feeling to have your mommy instincts validated! As a parent in today's world, I feel like we are just bombarded with advice about how to raise our kids; but when it comes down to it, you're almost always making the right choice when you go with your gut. Hugs to you, from one common-sense mom to another!

At 10:35 AM , Blogger TL said...


Yes, and you made my day!!!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home