Wednesday

Picky, picky, picky

Yesterday afternoon at 2:30 PM we met for the final walk through. I was late, so I guess I made it around 2:45 PM, work you know, it ALWAYS fucks with my plans. But I made it and we were there for 3 yes I said 3 hours. That is one hour for every 1100 sqft of house. We had been by the house this weekend to kind of make mental notes of things we saw wrong so they would be fresh on our minds. The most major of the issues, well there seems to be two major ones. First, on Saturday when we were there, just by CHANCE I bent down to look at something and saw that one of the 17" tiles in the kitchen was cracked on the corner, like the corner had cracked off. I picked the corner out along with the grout and took it with me, because if I did not do that I know that they would have just tried to place it back into place and fix it with the crack in it....no,no,no,no. I know how construction works, remember. So, I just put it in my pocket and went on my way. So, now they are freaking out because the one whole box of tiles they had left has disappeared. I am SURE that someone took it from the house. Guess what buddy, I paid the premium for the upgraded tile, better give me more than the three we found in the pantry. Like a whole damn box that was left.

The second issue, the back door. the back door is dented in three places along the bottom. I caught this by chance, so they are freaking out trying to find a door. Takes 5-7 days to get one when they order it. Major issue is that all the issues we have written up have to be COMPLETED before we close on Friday at noon. If not, then it costs THEM to hold our interest rate that we locked at.

I have to say, the whole process has been smoother than I ever imagined. When we built our first house, the last three weeks or so, I told the builder about 4 times they could take their house and shove it up their ass. Thankfully, my Dad was able to assist in getting the things that needed to be taken care of done and we closed on the day we aimed for. Through this whole process Scott and I have gotten to know the construction manager for the builder very well. He has done a fantastic job on the whole house and has even given us a few "extras" from his subs that owed him a few favors. I keep thinking this is so much easier than last time...it has even been, fun to an extent.

I know that the construction manager and the customer service manager are stressing on getting these items taken care of, it is nice to have someone do the stressing for me. I know it will all get done in plenty of time.

What I do worry about, making sure we get the window covering for the master bathroom, we have a huge window right over the tub and I was NOT paying 7K for that cubed glass to be put in the window to prevent seeing through. I have to go to Home Depot and get one of these. My parents have one in their bathroom and it is very pretty. I just have to pick out the one I want, oh and we need a vacuum cleaner. We have the amazing ability to break vacuums like crazy. Yeah we have 3 dogs, but they are little dogs, it is just crazy how we can break the shit out of vacuums. So, any vacuum cleaner testers out in the area wanna come try my house. And don't bring one of those Rainbow pieces of shit things to my house, I am not buying one....EVER.

Sydney got her first "official" boo-boo yesterday. She was running on the sidewalk and fell and scraped her knee. It bled and everything, what did I do, the SUPER Mommy that I am? I took a picture of it. Then I cleaned it with a wet paper towel.

I have been staring at business cards all day long. I am having to re-design ours, and I am just not creative in this area. I thought I had it all figured out with the paper and the colors, but I now have to pick the damn font and the alignment and crap that grabs peoples attention. I wanted to go with a vertical business card, but my boss wants to stay with the traditional horizontal type card. Why do I care so much about these stupid cards?!

3 Comments:

At 6:26 AM , Blogger Kim said...

You have to be picky, no one else will do it for you in that situation, I think. I am glad the whole process has gone well. I dread doing it again and will continue to look for existing houses! :-)

I did the same thing when Little Man scratched his face, of course you must document this big, life-changing ordeal. Of course, by life-changing, I mean for the Mom. You finally realize they won't die if they bleed a little bit!

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Krust said...

Nothing wrong with being a little anal. It's the biggest purchase you make in life so you want it right. I know I do.

I'm stoked!

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger Tacey said...

I'm so excited for you getting your new house! I bought a new vacuum when we moved into our house and I LOVE it. It's a Dyson DC 07 Animal (the purple model). It's AWESOME for pet hair and supposedly really good for anyone with allergies.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home