Thursday

Freaky things I just don't like

On Tuesday my Mom on her way to work was passed by in the right lane by someone on a motorcycle. She said it was someone in an extreme hurry to get to work and during his lane change he lost control of his motorcycle. He went to the left of the highway, and his motorcycle went to the right. The guy was able to get up from the wreck and limp away. My Mom said this happened right in front of her, she said everything was fine on her end just a bit shook up. A miracle that he did not get run over by the traffic on the highway or hurt worse than his limping. The lady that was behind her tapped her bumper but she said there was no damage. She did not go over and see the driver of the motorcycle, she said there were many people who were helping him and called for medical attention.

Yesterday on my way home from work, I passed another person on a motorcycle who had lost control on a hill and was laying hurt on the sidewalk. When I passed all I saw was a man laying down swaying back and forth on the ground in pain. A motorcycle 3 feet away crashed on the sidewalk, a group of people huddled around him as they are waiting for medical attention. I just don't get the point of riding something where you are offered no protection whatsoever. If you are a fan of the motorcycle, Great for you, I pray that you will remain safe while riding your motorcycle. Personally, I hate them, despise them and I have many many friends that ride them and I fear them. The wound of Bonnie's death in September is still fresh for me. The long weekend coming up has me rehashing the phone call I got on Labor Day Weekend, the one where I was told she was killed. Maybe it is the long weekend, maybe it is the accidents I have seen, maybe it is my husband trying to deal with losing a co-worker. Maybe it is everything or nothing but the past few days have been hard thinking about death all over again. It just can be a bit overwhelming at times. But, I plug along.

On a happier note...

Yesterday Sydney was mad because after throwing the hand held Yatzee game twice on the tile floor I took it away from her. If you cannot play with it nicely then you lose it. She in turn is pissed, oh so mad at me and goes to our dresser that has handles that you pull out on to open the drawers. She takes the wire that makes the handle and proceeds to bite it out of anger. Yeah, it was funny. We also tried to run/climb up the stairs twice yesterday. We sat her on her tile and told her no going upstairs. After the second time-out she lost interest, all the while, while I was telling her "You go up the stairs, you have to sit on the tile and do nothing." Tonight, I could be in for 20 times up the stairs and on the tile. Who knows, and now, yes now I have the BRILLIANT idea to think about potty training. She will sign when her diaper is wet, I can ask do you need clean pants, and is beginning to tell me yes when she does. I am going to get the potty and introduce the concept, I could be attempting to climb Everest without ever having set foot on a mountain...this could be good or really bad and it could go downhill really fast. Stay tuned for potty training/trauma as events unfold. You know, I am just going to go with the flow, no pun intended, if it works it works, if not we stop for a few months and try again. What the hell!

Long weekend ahead, can you smell it? And, wouldn't you opt to try to repair the part on the air conditioner first before spending 6-9K on a new unit? The A/C guy just left with me instructing him to try and fix it first even if it is a few 100 bucks or so, I quote "Once we do this there is no guarantee that it will not break again." Yeah, sounds like every other repair man I have dealt with, I just am not up to spending that kind of money yet if I can get another 3-6 months out of the current unit. Call me a money grubbing whore, yeah I am, but fuck, give me a break.

3 Comments:

At 12:21 PM , Blogger Kim said...

We were driving in town last night on a two lane road and some guy passed me on the right because he lost his buddies, who were in front of me, at the last stop light. Only girl was wearing a helmet and jeans and boots but the guy that passed me was in a wife-beater and jeans......good luck next time you pass someone like that.

I don't like motorcycles either. One of my ex-boyfriends had one and shortly after I dumped him (sounds better than the real thing) he was in two serious accidents. Couldn't have had better timing!

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

I, too, have seen too many motorcycle tragedies. It really seems like playing with fire. After a certain age, don’t people get over it? Life is too short and precious. Don’t risk it if you don’t have to is my motto.

 
At 4:53 AM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

I know of at least two people who are lucky to be alive after motorcycle accidents. It's a pretty scary thing.

And about that other "scary" thing: potty training! Ah, I so remember those days. I think you have totally the right attitude of try it and if it doesn't work wait a little and try again. Good luck!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home