Wednesday

Memory made of crap

I have always prided myself on my memory. Recently it has turned to shit, a big pile of it. Moving into our new house and all the drama that comes along with that, plus work drama, and just your daily life drama has caused the little things to slip by. We have new neighbors, and for some reason I have had one hell of a time remembering the names of the wives that live next door to our house. Then all of a sudden it dawned on me how fucking clueless I was... I looked at my Husband and said, "What is David's wife name again?" He told me and I looked at him and said, "What is wrong with me that I cannot remember that her name is KIMBERLY?" DUH! The name of your best friend? Then if God was not getting such a great laugh out of me, last night I officially met the other wife on the other side of us. Her name I am not going to write here, but it is the name of the employee that I just fired two weeks ago.....what is up with the mental block? I am pretty sure I will not forget their names now that I have associated them with something that means something to me. Now, I have to work on Kimberly's 4 little girls names...maybe by the time we move I "might" have it down.

In other news in our house...Syd had her 15 month shots on Monday. This one by far was the worst of all the shots. I thought the first ones were the worst, when you watch that little baby face crumble and scream. But no, this one took the cake. This time she cried for 15 minutes and while Daddy paid and made the next appointment I took her outside, I tried to go back in a few minutes later and that started the crying and screaming all over again. Association of the place to shots has begun. She cried so hard and for so long that she was doing the gasping and crying, just totally out of control and upset. Yes, I cried and I had been doing so well, the past two times I did not cry. I was able to console her pretty fast and she settled right down...not this time.....

They also changed her allergy medication around. She has been coughing so much with all the crap that is flying through the air. Just so much drainage! So, we had to do the cough medicine route. Well, that is a short term fix and we had outlasted that welcome. So now she is taking Singular. Last night was the 2nd dose in her yogurt. I think this is baby speed....last night she was tired, rubbing the eyes, cranky as can be. Her normal I am tired behavior. Usually and I say usually as in all the time, we get her dressed for bed put her down, she might fuss for a minute but most times not a peep. Last night she went down around 7:30 pm....she did not fall asleep until almost 10 PM. Yes, almost 10. She cried a bit, I went in and rubbed her back, she settled down and was happy laying there getting her back rubbed, then all of a sudden she popped up and was ready to go. My way of dealing is if you cannot lay down and try to sleep no back rubs or pats. So, out of the room I went, she talked, sang, fussed, sang, talked, and did all sorts of other things until almost 10 PM. I am trying this medicine once more tonight and if we have the same reaction, she gets it at school from here on out. I keep thinking maybe it is the shots, who knows!! All I do know is that her nose is not as messy and the coughing has been reduced in an amazing amount. When I dropped her off today, I told them, she should be tired but she seemed to be in her rare form of entertaining. Trying to get her dressed this morning was a chore. She was all over the bed screaming out of pure joy with life and just being a ham. Then while I was buttoning her dress she pressed the alarm button for my car and the horn starts honking and honking and honking. That was freaking hilarious, she really did something amazing there! I said her name and she just gave me that million dollar smile that says "Yep I am amazing and you know it!"

I hope and pray and pray and hope that tonight's yogurt infused with Singular does not produce toddler on speed. For the love of God she has got to sleep!!! Maybe I can train her to clean house with all that energy.

6 Comments:

At 11:53 AM , Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

I've done that ginko buloba stuff for about 3 weeks or so now... major improvements. my mind doesn't draw blank at all and normally, i could count on it going out here there and everywhere it wasn't supposed to.

 
At 11:53 AM , Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

I've done that ginko buloba stuff for about 3 weeks or so now... major improvements. my mind doesn't draw blank at all and normally, i could count on it going out here there and everywhere it wasn't supposed to.

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

This thing is being a pain in the butt today... I was making a product plug for ginko buloba (or whatever it's called) to improve memory, and it wasn't letting me comment - the bastards at word verification should be deported to Uzbekistan... thus they can do useful things like look for OSama Bin Laden.

 
At 6:22 PM , Blogger TL said...

Maybe it is your memory and you forgot if you posted a comment. Sorry I just could not resist!

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

When my sister was 2, my mother was given a prescription medication for her in an adult dose by mistake. She (my sister, and therefore, my poor mother) was awake for 48 straight hours on a single dose of whatever the hell it was. They didn't take my mother seriously at the doctor's office so she ended up taking my sister to the emergency room where my mother fell asleep waiting and my sister tore up the place. Mom figured that was the perfect punishment.

Hope Syd's issue is resolved more easily! :)

 
At 12:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo with you on the memory thing. I used to have this incredible memory. In fact, Shell used to rely on me to remember what she needed to know.
No longer. I can barely remember anything. I'm chalking it up to having another entire person to worry about. Let's leave it at that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home