Thursday

Can't you read?

I am in the process of hiring someone new for my office. On the job posting I have posted that any person offered the position will be required to pass a drug screen and background check. I just do not understand people who come and interview and then cannot pass this requirement, why the hell would you even apply? I guess it is because I would never dream to apply for a job that I am not qualified for in the first place. The more I am around people the less I understand them. I think being around people can make you dumber if you let them get to you. This itself may be a stupid comment but I think people can be suckered into the idiot drain if you do not work hard to repel it at all costs. It worries me about what type of people I want around my child. I may require a common sense test for anyone who will influence her life, I guess that rules out t.v., radio, and school. You cannot protect them their whole life but I will have a lot of work on my hands to prevent the contamination of my child by stupid people. Makes the commune way of life not seem so bad if you think about it. My own cult one for people with common sense, discipline, and working to your fullest potential. And testing of such attributes will be required, you may be banned at anytime I find your idiot ways creeping through.

My utopia.

7 Comments:

At 8:46 AM , Blogger Krust said...

Unfortunately, the world is full of stupid people. I work with the majority of them. Anyway, In order to appreciate good things in life, you must experience the bad. This applies here. Our daughter must learn to deal with people with lesser intellect. She may as well start now. There's plenty to go around. Looking out my window here, I can see a quick dozen that she can train with right now (manager's meeting).

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger Mrs Marcos said...

I'm thinking of making up some tshirts that say "Stupid people flock to me..." What size should I send you? lol The stupids are everywhere, I can't seem to escape from them. I work in health insurance and I must deal with 20 or more a day. GAH!

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger TL said...

Mrs. Marcos-
Please send me a large. I will wear it everyday to work. Actually I do have one shirt that says "Your village called, their idiots missing." I wear it every weekend, I might be buried in it.

 
At 3:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I want one of those t-shirts, too. As for stupid people... I'm convinced that there are more per capita in Texas than anywhere else.

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger Krust said...

Jen, I would say that Texas is 3rd, behind California and Washington D.C.

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Sabrina said...

I used to manage a retail store WAY back when and idiots like that would apply who knew they couldn't get the job because they had no qualifications or such. Anyways I found out WHY they did this. UNEMPLOYMENT. Here in Kansas you need to apply for atleast 8-10 jobs a month to receive benefits. Then the unemployment office calls after a few months and asks if you have an application for this person and you just say yes or no if they applied. People would write they'd want $15.00 a hour and weekends off, etc just so they wouldn't get the job. We never did drug screens but I doubt unemployment would ask if they took one and failed.

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

You should make them pay for their own drug screening as well. If they pass, you pay them back.... and make sure it's a hair test.

There are way too many stupid people out there. I need a vacation from them. Really.

Good luck finding your employee.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home