Saturday

OOOPPPSSSSSS!

On Saturday, I think I lived up to my blonde potential. I got so involved in my Daughter's school carnival thing that I totally missed an appointment I had for my Mom and I to do a walking tour of the Asian markets in our area. I had signed us both up to do this with my friend Carol Ritchie from this site. It was scheduled for 1 PM we were walking to the car I looked at my cell phone and damn it, it was 1 PM and I was no where near where I had to be, plus I had my Daughter with me. I called my friend Carol and told her I goofed and she assured me it was fine, she would be doing this again in May and we could attend then. I was looking really forward to it too!!!

The carnival was great, they had a petting zoo, and she loved it. She spent a lot of time in there with the sheep and goats and these chickens that were just beautiful, yes chickens. I wanted one to walk on a leash. Lots of fun and the money went to a great cause, the March of Dimes. I entered some of the drawings that they had and not sure if we won anything, Sydney ran all over the place, thought the Cake Walk was a blast. We did not win a cake either, but I baked one on Saturday for company that we had stay the night that evening.


My Friend and her family came up from Houston to visit their family. They have a new addition of a 10 week old little boy. He was just precious and I got such joy out of holding him. I got even more joy out of holding him and Syd grabbing my legs loving on me. Seems babies=not your Mommy in Syd's eyes. That is OK, I got lots of cuddles from her due to that baby! My Friend now has 3 boys, wow, hats off to her because I don't know how she does it. The oldest is in 1st grade, he is my Godson and he has changed so much, now he is so grown up!!! It was nice to have enough room to have them stay with us and not feel like everyone was falling over each other. I think it went very well.

I had to go to work for a few hours on Sunday, Syd stayed with my Mom. I left the house at a little before 8 and did not get home until about 4:30 PM. I also had to shop for work yesterday, I have to go to Sam's or Costco about every other week for work. Today I am beat and am dying for sleep. Come to think of it, I never ate anything for dinner last night too, I played with Syd from the time I got home until she went to bed after 8 PM. She was just having a great time and we read and ran around the house. I had a ton of fun with her and would not have traded that time in for anything. I get very limited time to be with her it seems and while holding the baby this weekend I thought, it was just a year ago that she was this small. The time and how much she has grown is staggering to me. I love being a Mom, never thought it would bring me the joy that it does. I battle feeling like a terrible person as I have said because I have to work. No matter what I do I always feel like I am failing someone. I saw Wanda on Friday and she asked what I felt I was good at. All I could do to answer was cry. The happenings of last week threw me for a loop and I think Friday was my day to let it all shine, but only behind closed doors. It was a hard week, emotionally and mentally I had my fill and thinking about jumping right back was almost more than I was willing to endure. But press on, move forward and try not to focus a lot of my time and energy on it anymore. Easier said than done let me tell you.

4 Comments:

At 1:06 PM , Blogger Mrs Marcos said...

TL,

I haven't been reading very long but from what I've read you're good at being a wife and mother. I know that sounds cliche but it is true. Oh, and you're good at blogging. ;)

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger TL said...

Thank you Mrs. Marcos. If I could change one thing about myself it would be my self doubt, but I guess that is what makes us human.

thank you again, it means a lot.

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Sabrina said...

I've had that OOOPS on the scheduling happen many o times. I seem to remember things when they are going on rather than ahead of time.

The carnival sounds like it was a lot of fun. Chickens on a leash? That'd be interesting to see.

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

Hey, if you were having such a good time with Syd that you forgot an appointment one day and forgot to eat the next, that's gotta count for something in the mommy department. Syd's lucky to have a mom who throws herself into the "job" with everything she's got!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home