Monday

Especially Made for You

The funniest thing happened last night. I was giving Sydney a bath last night and she was having a great time. She also has been tooting in the tub, it is so damn funny. Last night, she tooted and then bent over, I had a though, What if she poops? The kid reads minds, she sits up and poop comes floating out from behind her. She sees this and tries to grab this fun new toy, I scoop her up as fast as I can and tell her no-no through laughing and yelling for her Daddy. He comes around and look at him and tell him,"She made something for you." He told me "No way in hell." So I passed off poopy butt to her Daddy and then cleaned the tub. Tons of disinfectant and hot scalding water. Of course I had to call my Mom and tell her and my Dad that they just left too early that evening that the true entertainment they missed.

I did babysit a little girl that was about 2 1/2 when I was a teenager and she pooped in the tub too. I remember this shocking the shit out of me, (not literally) and told her little brother to go next door and get my Mom. By the time my Mom got there I had figured out what to do, but it caught me off guard.

God, that was so funny. You know when she is 17 before she goes out on a date, when she is showering and getting ready I can ask for her to make sure she does not poop in the tub like she did when she was little. Or tell her date not to let her take a bath she tends to poop in her bath water. Mind you these are like comments my Father would say to me when I was in high school. He looked at my Mom one night before one of my dates and told her "Lets snort when we laugh and tell Tawny's date it is hereditary." Of course I wanted to DIE.

One Christmas party down, one more to go. Minimal amount of shopping has been done. Not in the mood nor have really any ideas what to get ANYONE this year. Fighting the crowds, wrapping the gifts, mailing them out...all just too overwhelming this year. Wonder if Sydney is going to scream if we take her to see Santa. I know I was not overjoyed to see the ol' bearded man when I was little. Who can blame the kids though, the whole thought of an elf freaks me out, I have a thing about midgets. Sorry I just do, they freak me out. My Dad keeps saying that he wants to take some spray foam insulation stuff and spray it on the ground and paint it brown to look like a Mr. Hankey from South Park, to put it in my neighbors yard. He is not one to decorate, it is funny as hell but not very holiday-ish...but funny.

It always comes back to poo...

4 Comments:

At 12:24 AM , Blogger nita said...

we're so horrifying my daughter will probably just skip the whole social thing until she escapes our house...

 
At 5:08 AM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

Hey, Nita, that sounds familiar...

And Tawny, oh, Tawny, I shouldn't be made to laugh so hard so early in the morning...but thanks!

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Krust said...

Just ick. I am so not a fan of stink pickles. Let's just move on and talk about something really cute that she did. Like... say "Daddy" repeatedly. That's cute!

 
At 6:39 AM , Blogger TL said...

Nita-

I hear you, that is my goal in raising Sydney too. I figure it worked very well for my parents why fix something if it isn't broken.

Mom-

Thanks, it was quite funny. Gross but funny.

Scott-

I know, I know, you hate to discuss poo. It is not my favorite thing either but it just is a fact of childhood.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home