Monday

The Muppets

I just love The Muppets and their Christmas songs. The Twelve Days of Christmas and Miss Piggy singing in such a high tone "Five Gold Wringgggssssss...." She just makes me laugh. I will walk around for hours singing wringggggs. Then they do "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." They say figgy pudding and Piggy says "Piggy Pudding?" In only a way she can say it, they say no made with figs, then you hear a quite and with bacon...haha!!! Then you have Animal in the back saying "Won't Go!" It just is too funny to me. I know your sitting thinking, what the hell is she talking about? But you should really listen to them if you can. They will make you smile.

I have yet to get our Christmas cards done, we still have to do the photo I am just about to throw in the towel and say, no cards this year. Thinking about me, Scott and Syd all getting ready for a photo in front of our tree and timing a photo for all of us to look good in...talk about a Christmas Miracle. That is why people send out photos of their family each year, it was a miracle that they made that moment in time happen. You laugh, but I bet it is true.

In a matter of a few hours, Scott and I meet with the new home builder for our pre-construction meeting. We give them $ 900.00 and change for our non-financeable options, so, this provides me to give my husband an insulated garage for Christmas, and I get an upgraded front door with cut glass inlaid. I was hit with a sudden spark of panic on Friday, I called Scott and said, "Hey, since we really both don't need anything and we have to pay this money, why don't we just limit our spending to $ 20.00 for each other. " He laughs, he has already started his shopping for me...your correct in your thinking, I had yet to buy him anything. So, scratch that idea but we did decide to keep the spending to a minimum.

I have purchased all the ingredients for his Grandmothers Nanaimo Bars, this overly rich, gooey, sweet concoction that Scott will eat a whole 9 X 9 of himself. They are so good but I will stay away. I did have a Hello Dolly with chocolate and butterscotch chips this weekend, so I got the ingredients to make those too. At least this is my intention, we will see how far I get with this. I still have gifts for my parents and Scott's family to buy, and ship. I know everyone else is fighting the same battle. Each year same thing, you would think we would learn.

2 Comments:

At 5:18 AM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

I just have one word for you:

Decebuary.

(And yeah--I'll take the 27 days and then Syd's birthday can be extra special 'cuz it will be the only day left in February!)

 
At 6:28 AM , Blogger TL said...

The closer Christmas comes and the less and less prepared I am for it, the more I am buying into this Decebuary thing.

Where do I sign for my extra 2 days?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home