Friday

Do I write about it or not

My fear is if I write about this, my husband will think that this "event" is something that I am obsessing over it. I don't want to seem to make a bigger deal out of this than it is, but it is a factor of something that I have known I would have to deal with eventually. And I did quite well I must say. I am proud of me. So here goes:

Last Sunday I saw my ex-husband. First time I have seen him in person in over 10 years. It was a shock. I was completely taken off guard and I think that is what hit me the hardest. I hate being surprised. Of course this all happens when I am alone shopping on a Sunday, by myself, and looking like shit. Migraine and all strolling around in a craft store. Walking down the main isle and I hear my name being said in a questioning manner. I answer yes and look up and there he is. My first thought, "oh shit." He stuck out his hand, we shook hands, I said "Hey!" in a VERY surprised manner, said "how are you doing?" out of shock, and he says "very well" and that was it. Done. Needless to say I was shaken up. Afterwards I thought of all of these great things I could have said, but I think the way things played out, it was the best for all parties. I also like the fact that he approached me, because heaven forbid anyone think that I was stalking him or trying to find him. Plus I always wondered if we did happen to run into one another would he or I say anything to each other. Neither one of us had anyone with us, so it was probably less awkward for both parties.

It is done, I never have to worry about the "what if" again. I am glad that we can be adults and just go with the flow. I am glad that we both have moved forward and realize that our lives are so much better now than they were before. He has become extremely successful in his life and I am proud of him. Words I never thought I would say, I guess the anger and pettiness has left, and I am glad to put that all behind me.


Oh yeah, I promoted in my Tastefully Simple business. I have now 4 recruits and I also got my first bonus check from my down line sales. Easiest money I have ever made. LOVE IT!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:31 PM , Blogger Kim said...

I am so proud of you for both things. But for your bonus check. I am glad that you love it and it is easy for you. We both know I struggle with it and will eventually let it go.

Congratulations!

 
At 6:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I am proud of you. I dread the day when I have to encounter my ex. It's harder, since I'm in another state, but I go back frequently enough. I hope I have your tact.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home