Sunday

And We're OFF!!

Friday I came home from work and heard those magical words. She WALKED! Yes, Sydney took more than the one step fall down that she had been doing for the past few days and took 4 steps total in one fell swoop. Scott was beaming and happened to catch the next pass with the video camera. I stood in the living room after I got home from work watching the replay laughing and found myself crying at the same time. It was one of those parental moments that everyone talked about and I got to have one. I wish I could have seen it first myself but replay is just as good. I think that at her daycare if they do something like this first there, they don't tell the parents just so it does not crush us to pieces and make us feel like the pieces of shit we feel like because we live in reality and cannot live on only one income. OH, sorry, pardon me I seemed to fall into my speech of why I cannot stay at home and feed my family and have a house over my head on one income. Unless I was married to a Dr. or lawyer, but, I married for love not money.

Sydney also did another amazing thing today. Almost impressed me more than the walking, maybe just a bit more than the walking truthfully. They teach her sign language at her daycare and today I asked her if she wanted to eat, she looked at me and signed eat. I just about shit my pants. Then I asked her again and signed it myself and she did it again. I was so damn amazed and proud I wanted to rent a billboard on the busiest street in Dallas. They told me that all of a sudden it will click for them and they will start signing. I figured "yeah right." But I'll be damn, that little bugger did it.

Now if she would stop blowing snot bubbles because of the constant flow of snot I would be one content woman.

4 Comments:

At 11:51 AM , Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

the first step...and it's all downhill from there! Trust me!

just kidding, congrats little one! and when you find the key to eliminating the snot bubbles, please let me know!

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger TL said...

Thanks Little Miss, I am threatning to chain her to our three dogs once she is really off and going good. I know I am going to have one hell of a time keeping up with her.

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Okay, I am behind on posting comments......YEAH!!! I wish I was there to see it. Having a hard week missing everyone (and my big lovely house that I HAD). Give her a big hug for me and when we come down there Syd and Nathan can walk around together! :-) Miss ya!

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

I'm with Kim--behind on the commenting--only worse 'cuz I'm even further behind! But Yay, Syd!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home