Thursday

So how many miles is that anyway?

So, as you can see from my last post, I am walking for Lent. I am giving up being sedentary for Lent I guess you could say. I am not Catholic, I am Lutheran (and Damn Proud Of It) and although I am currently not involved in a church at the moment, I consider myself very tied to my Faith. So, yesterday after I got off from work my main goal was to get home to walk my two miles for the day on my 80 mile journey I am taking this month. See this to follow me. So, I have to go to Target to get a pedometer, that is something I had to do. And the day before Kim and I were talking and she told me about a girl she used to work with and about the whole 10,000 steps a day. That if you walk 10,000 steps a day you will be in the best health possible. So last night, I had my pedometer, (that talks to me) measure my steps from when I put it on in the Target parking lot until I went to bed. I did get on the treadmill and finish up my 2 miles on the treadmill. I did it, my first 2 miles done, now only 78 more to go. Woo hoo! Anyway, today I have been wondering about this whole 10,000 steps thing, and I went here. So, now I am on this kick to walk 10,000 steps a day. Not all at once, I will work up to it. Today is my control test, I just want to see what a normal day of steps is for me. Then tonight when I get home, if I get home at a decent time, Syd and I will walk to my parents. It is just about 2 miles to there house and back. UGH! I hope this helps my jeans fit better, mind you they fit a lot better this week than last. Yea!!

I have to give MAJOR props to Scott. Last night I was in a tizzy. I had some lame ass work thing I had to do and I was itching to do my walking. So I asked him if he could do my shitty work for me and he did with a smile on his face. So he did my stupid task for work, and I walked on the treadmill. I am so thankful that he helped me with this task! When I was finished, he was still working and he told me to go relax. So, I jumped at the chance to crawl into bed and finish the thank you notes for Christmas and Syd's birthday. Now, I just have to address them and postmark them and they are done!

My insurance problems have just about corrected themselves. Thanks to one of my Best friends and her knowledge of the industry. Someone who understands that customer service is not dead in this world. Yes, I know, I speak of a long lost art here.

Sydney has been a riot the past few days. She is just beaming with happiness. I swear someone has given the kid something to make her high on life. She has been running around the house screaming and screeching out of shear joy and happiness. She has been having a few moments when she is done eating dinner and I am trying to cook in the kitchen where she cries and wants me to hold her. Scott keeps telling me to take a moment out of cooking and hold her. I told him, what if I am creating a monster here and I will have to cook with her attached to my hip. She is 21 pounds and gets heavy fast now a days! The evenings home since our vacation have been wonderful. When I think of the life I wanted these are the times I dreamed of. For that I am Thankful.

Here is something off the wall, if you search on the web for Sasha Cohen and tampons, my blog will come up. WOW, there is something I never thought I would write. What amazes me is who is searching under these criteria?!

Funniest word I have heard in a long time: Fucktards. Thanks Steve, I found this on your blog and it still cracks me up.

Is anyone tired of the "Baby, baby, baby, baby." Being spoken by Reese Witherspoon on the Walk the Line DVD advertisement? I love Reese, she to me is a real class act, but that Baby, baby, baby, baby is about to drive me to drink, drink, drink, drunk. My Husband is saying, "Yeah right!" it is like pulling teeth to get me to drink now a days.

So, how much more random can my post be?

7 Comments:

At 9:54 AM , Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

randomosity--i love it. i tried the pedometer route, hope you had better luck than i did. (and by that i mean more motivation)

and reese can say whatever she wants...that woman is so classy!

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Krust said...

Kepp it up sweetheart. I'm proud of you.

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Krust said...

Keep, that is...

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger Kim said...

LOVE Reese, but haven't seen the advertisement. I didn't get to walk this morning (see post for explanation), but have already logged 1.45 miles. I'll get on and do some extra tonight.

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

I love all your posts--random or not--and I am totally and completely in awe of how many posts you have managed since you got back from vacation. If it was me, I'd still be recovering from vacation, not to mention being dumped into the deep end of real life with work, the cold and the moving/insurance crap. :)

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger TL said...

LM-

I have to say I think Reese is a true beauty. I am in awe of her beauty at times and yet she seems so "normal" too.

So far the pedometer is working well, I just had it talk to me while I was in a room full of construction men. They were looking around for the voice coming from my pants. Think I can tell them it is my husband down there?

Krust-

Thanks baby!

Kim-

Way to go!!! Keep it up, day two is almost down. I still have to Pray the Psalms today...

MM-

You make me blush. I blog so much because then I don't have to work. haha....not true I think blogging at times is the only thing that keeps me sane in this insane place I work, at least that is what I am saying this week.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger New Texan said...

Fucktard is a truly versatile word in this world... glad you enjoy it.

10,000 steps a day? Sweet fancy moses. I would be scared to see what my "normal" day is... probably about 23.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home