Friday

SAHM = DRAMA...out of no where!

Please allow me some time to explain. I live in a neighborhood that has a high number of SAHM (stay at home moms). I admire and am envious (at times) of these women. But recently, I want to smack the fuck out of them and ask them if their lives are so empty to cause so much drama then maybe they should consider the following options:

  1. Coloring...it is relaxing and I am sure that they have plenty of crayons and coloring books of their children's that they can borrow. Maybe with their pent up anger they could be the next VanGough.
  2. Volunteer work. If you have enough energy to cause drama then you could do mass mailing for the American Cancer Society or do hospice visits. Get out of your humdrum life and do some good.
  3. Read your Bible. If you claim to live the Word, then maybe during nap time for the kiddos you should read some passages that talk about loving your neighbor.
  4. Watch other children in the neighborhood. Nothing causes a distraction better than more kids.
  5. Have another kid, see above.
  6. Mow lawns. The neighborhood grass is starting to come in again, so get with one of your SAHM buddies and switch off. One mow and one watch kids.
  7. Get a job. Nothing makes you find less time to cause problems and be petty than having a job and working in the REAL world.

Now please do not get me wrong. I really wish that financially I too could be a SAHM, but well that is not in the cards that I pulled from the deck of life. I really admire women who can stay at home and raise their children in some aspects they are better than me because I know I am a better Mom because I don't see Syd 24-7.

BUT...the problem I do have with this bunch in my neighborhood is that they create a lot of unneeded drama for those of us who work. All of a sudden it seems that it is the SAHM against the working mom. It seems that if you can talk about people and be nasty to people because you have had nothing better to do with your day than to sit and chat with one another about how evil the rest of us in the neighborhood are. You would not assume that YOU might be the problem? Probably not.

My issue is that I have a TON of other meaningful things to do with my time than to waste it on your pettiness. If your life is so empty and unfulfilled that you have to start attacking others, see the list above or make one of your own. Get a goal and get a life.

Peace out!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger Kim said...

So amazingly put! I wish I could be there to see some of the drama. Your suggestions are wonderful and would really help put them in a much better mood. Those are all very, very relaxing things!

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Krust said...

I say just kick the shit outta whoever is lipping about ya. Simple solution, immediate results. Just make sure that both of you are wearing something that tears easily. Oh, and have some popcorn on hand. And beer. And a towel.

 
At 5:58 AM , Blogger New Texan said...

This is why I don't talk to my neighbors... good fences and all.

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger nita said...

oh girl. some people are just asshats, no matter their 'day job'. the media is feeding a frenzy pitting SAHM vs working moms in the middle/upper middle class. we made a ton of concessions so i could stay home and there are days i would rather, i don't know, fucking snake charm than spend another day with a tough 2 year old. but for me, it's worth it. sorry you're feeling the crunch from women who would be jerkoffs no matter what they were doing to pass the day.

from what i see, you're a phenomenol mother and i do mean that. seriously though, learn to a. ignore them or b. cut power wires. i'd wager those bitches ain't shit without cold wine and television :)

xxxx

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger nita said...

ps i still love your husband. send him to a playgroup :) you shouldn't have too much trouble with those broads after that!

oh. and i'm back at my old spot :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home