Wednesday

Almost no house to sell

Yesterday was a very strange day. Scary to some point, we had massive grass fires all over the metroplex, one just two small miles away from our house. I sat at my computer watching this fire rage across land that is so very close to my home. Thinking, if Scott has to grab Syd and the dogs and leave, what do we "have" to have? I came up with nothing, just as long as he would be able to get her and the dogs and leave we would be fine, it all could be replaced, every stinking bit of it, it is just stuff. Then I thought, oh yeah just our luck, no house to sell after all that damn work! THANKFULLY the fire stayed away from our home, today when I took Syd to school you could still smell the smoke in the air. Getting home last night was a chore too, news crews, TXDOT cones everywhere, lane closures, detours, rubberneckers. It was chaos.

On a lighter note, Daddy has already blogged about this one, but yesterday since it was 80 degrees Syd was dressed in a new dress she got for Christmas, the difference between this one and ones in the past, this one had no bloomers or onesie that snapped in the crotch, NO DIAPER COVERAGE. I thought, (yes I know that is where I went wrong) wonder if she knows she can take her diaper off. When I dropped her off yesterday I mentioned this to her teacher, that Syd will be showing her diaper off to everyone today, no bloomers. Daddy arrived to pick her up and seems that little miss discovered that she could take her diaper off and did so to pee on the floor. Why this is a good option, I don't know but plan to ask her when she is old enough to talk in a language I can understand. While the teachers were tending to this another little girl in her class pooped and proceeded to play with the poop. Mind you I pay close to $ 1,000.00 a month for child care, this is an excellent private school, and even the good schools have poop playtime. Seems it was a fun time had by all for those in diapers yesterday. I am not even going to think what I am so wanting to think because then she will do it and I will be cleaning up what I am not going to think about because she is in my brain and she will do it. I am not thinking it. REALLY!

I so hate the week after Christmas at work. This is the slowest week in the construction industry known to man. I sit and wait and wait for the damn clock to turn so I can be one minute closer to going home. Tomorrow will be my last day here at work for 2005. I am taking Friday off and having a play day all to myself. I am getting a massage, a friend of mine's girlfriend is doing her internship and I must partake in the 60 min. massage for $ 25.00. I might have lunch out with a friend later that day and I just plan on doing what ever the hell I want. Now if only the next 3 hours would fly by so I could go home.....

8 Comments:

At 1:45 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

Yay, for the play day. It's deadly quiet at my job, too. We're closing early all week and still the hours seem to drag by. Cranky Boss Lady is so not the best company...:)

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger New Texan said...

Where in the metroplex do you live? We are in Irving/Las Colinas. Those fires are scary stuff...

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

Hope you guys (and the house) made it through the last 24 hours and you're out of the woods...

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger TL said...

Thank you!! We are all safe and sound and no more fires. Thank goodness!

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger nita said...

my job is super busy this week ;)

and, uh, 80 degrees, poopy playschool, $25 massages - i'm moving!

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Krust said...

Hey, it occurs to me that my massages are free. I just have to clean the sheets afterwards, but I needed to do a load of laundry anyway, right?

On a sad note, My lovely wife seems to have acquired the flu and is spending her "playday" at home in bed. What a pisser. I had these grand plans of an evening out full of food, fun, and hopefully some festive fornicationary activities. Maybe she just needs some of Dr. Krusty's Magic Elixir. :)

I'm really not the insensitive prick I appear to be in my posts. I'm actually a real sweetheart sometimes... well, at least when I'm trying to ratatat-tat dat ass. Woot! I'm here all week!

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Kim said...

I hope you feel better! Sorry you didn't get your play day. We are nursing Nathan's 102+ fever today, what a way to spend New Year's Eve. Feel better and miss you!

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

send me your e-mail address to

littlemissblogspot@yahoo.com

thanks!
; )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home