Tuesday

Happy New...oh shit whatever!

No really Happy New Year everyone. I have been so out of the bloggin' loop the past few days, as my adorable husband posted last week, my play day was shit canned thanks to the 3rd, yes I said 3rd stomach flu virus shit I have gotten in 2005. I don't know if I was making up for all the years I have not acquired one or what, but damn, give me a freaking break here. I woke, yet again at 3 AM on Friday morning, feeling achy and just not right. Took some tylenol pm because I felt like shit and could not sleep. I had a fever no doubt and I get delirious when I have a fever and dream some weird shit. I was dreaming about road construction that my company does and it was just all freaky and shit. Anyway, by the time hubby kissed me good-bye later that morning I knew I was down. I managed to get myself up, dressed acceptable enough to take Syd to day care, and got her dressed and off we went. I took a Wal-Mart bag with me because I knew I was going to hurl. No hurlage thank goodness but I doped myself up with Nyquil, because it is the best medicine when you have a cold or flu according to all the damn television commercials. And slept, and slept until 2 PM when the realty company called and said they wanted to show our house between 2:15 and 3:15. So, I dressed in what I could get away with, made the bed, put the dogs in their cages and drove across the street and sat in my car and waited until they showed the house and left. I was home by 2:30, but still felt like shit, so back to bed. Saturday I was better, but still had "issues" and a fever still as I discovered late in the evening, so I spent New Year's Eve evening in bed at 9 PM. My husband spent New Year's Eve with my neighbor across the street, I think they both played X-Box or something like that.

We planned on having a few friends over and all that jazz, but well, hubby made food I laid on the couch and complained about how my stomach hurt like hell and I felt like shit still and I have a fever. SO, I got sent to bed. Mind you earlier that day, we had to take Syd to the Dr. because after 10 days of amoxicillin for an ear infection she still was not 100%. So we now try another medication....Happy New Year!!!!!

Friday night while I was in my Nyquil stupor my husband came in and gave me the news I had been dreading but knew was coming. My best friend from high school's father passed away that afternoon. Because of my altered state I was pretty much out of it and heard what he said but I think Sunday it really hit home. Saturday was hard, but Sunday, Sunday was really hard, it was the visitation day and the funeral was yesterday. I was unable to make it, because airlines want to charge $ 1000.00 for a ticket to fly from DFW to Memphis, short notice. Bite my ass American Airlines. So, my parents and I and Syd will be flying to Little Rock on the 13th of January and then we will be driving to Memphis, we all can fly for the low price of $ 450.00 round trip. I guess another reason why Sunday was so hard, Sunday was the day he married me so many years ago and such a bad marriage ago. It just made me think, wow how would I have ever guessed 13 years later that he would be laid to rest. I know I have said it a million times but sometimes being an adult sucks.

So many other things to hit upon and talk about, but it seems this entry is long enough. Plus, it has taken me two days to finish it because always something else comes up in the process! How dare work interfere with my BLOGGING!

2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM , Blogger Kim said...

I am so sorry, and sorry that you couldn't be there when you wanted to. American Airlines did the same thing to me when I tried to fly back for my Grandfather's funeral.

As for being sick, I hope you are feeling much better and don't forget to take your play day sometime soon!

Nathan's fighting the ear infection that I think has moved to his left ear now........first one so I can't really complain.

Give Syd a hug!

 
At 6:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh. Stomach virus. Ack. May 2006 be virus free. Your welcoming of 2006 sounds almost as exciting as the one I had in 2003 when we welcomed the New Year with ..push... grunt...push...contraction...push. Ugh.
Maybe we'll get to get together in 2006???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home