Monday

10 inches of love

Yeah get your mind out of the gutter. Thursday and Friday of last week I took off to go on a short trip with my parents and Syd to Louisiana. My Grandmother and Uncle along with his kiddos live there. It was a nice break from work and gave Scott a weekend to do boy stuff. (I.E. miss us terribly and count the seconds till we arrive home.)

Anyway, on Thursday before we left for our road trip I took the morning for a little 'me' time. I went to Starbucks and sat in the big comfy chair and drank my coffee and read the paper from front to back and lounged around thinking, boy this is great. And during this time I also answered 5 work e-mails and spent 25 min on the phone taking care of issues with work. But well I was not in the office!!! I left Starbucks and was on my way to Kroger to get some trashy magazines to read on the trip and was stopped by a sign on a window that says "Locks of Love." Mind you it is not even 9 am when the Fantastic Sam's opens but the two hairstylist come walking from Starbucks and tell me I can come right in. I am still debating but they ask, are you wanting to donate your hair. I had been thinking about it for some months and decided yes I did. So 10" of my hair was cut off and is now being sent to make a wig for someone that is being treated for Cancer. I did this for 2 reasons, one it is Lent and I believe that I should sacrifice something during Lent. It is just the way I believe. And second, my Grandmother that we were going to see has just finished her chemo treatment for breast cancer and her hair is just about 1/2 inch longer than Scott's shaved head. So, I felt it was a minor sacrifice for me in relation to the people I love and worship in regards to what they have done for me in my life.

Fantastic Sam's may not be the high dollar hair cutting place around but I have to say the kindness of the ladies that were working that day and the pure joy they got out of my donation made it a great experience and my new hairstyle looks great. I think it is one of the best cuts I have had in years.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 4:19 PM , Blogger Kim said...

You are truly a wonderful person. You think nothing of the huge sacrafices you make for others. Something that makes you a great friend! I am so proud of you and so glad that you like your new style!

Now, I just need to get down there and see it!

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Krust said...

Nice title. I like the way you think.

The hair is also very nice. Normally, I don't like short hair but I think it looks rather stunning. Gives me a special feeling. What's also strange is that it is the same hairstyle as her best friend Kim - who's also a little hottie imho - and it's going to be quite a scene when these two get together sometime in the near future.

In short, I want to have more sex with her. More than usual.

Hey, you started it with that title.

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger TL said...

More sex with her, that being who?

Your comment sounds like you want to have more sex with Kim.

 
At 7:33 AM , Blogger Krust said...

Whoa there sweet cheeks... More sex with you... I was directing that comment to the "audience".

My bad.

To make up for it, I'll rub your butt tonite.

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger TL said...

More like give yourself a cheap thrill. One of the many many reasons I love you.

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Krust said...

Awwwwww...

For that, I'll rub your front too. I'm just that kinda guy.

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger TL said...

That was an ender.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Wow! That was some exchange to read and Scott, it did sound like it was me you were referring to! I did a double take on my first read-through.

Scott, you sound just like Husband.....

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger nita said...

i love you guys :)

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger Masked Mom said...

Hey, I was just going to say how generous (and maybe even a little brave) I thought you were, but turns out there's a whole second "show" in the comments. Very entertaining! :)

 
At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I love your relationship. Ya'll slay me.

Kudos to you T, for donating. Geez. I just saw you a month ago. Was your hair long enough to do that?

Now I really have to make it a point to get to the Boil (something I'm working desperately to accomplish).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home